For a free Estimate
    contact us.

     click below

Mold can Take Away Your health

Healthy people need not be afraid of most molds. Unfortunately some people are sensitive to mold, mostly people with existing health problems.

How does mold affect my health?

A person that has allergies or asthma, can have itching or itching eyes, skin rashes, cold symptoms running nose, cough, congestion, sore throat, dizziness, headaches, trouble concentrating, feeling faint, hair loss, diarrhea, tiredness, nausea and can cause asthma or just aggravation of the asthma. People with immune problems or any degree of lung disease,mold will increase the risk for infections. Even if you don't have a mold allergies, mold spores can still make you sneeze by irritating your nose and throat. Inhaling mold spores irritate the mucus membranes along the air passages. Some of the mold spores even stay in the lungs and airways leading to chronic coughing and sneezing.

Very serious effects of mold

Exposure to mold can produce serious health issues, fevers, symptoms of the flu, feeling tired or exhausted, respiratory issues even coughing up blood, excessive and habitual nose bleeding, diarrhea, feeling dizzy, headaches, diarrhea, vomiting, even liver damage. People that work in heavy mold areas, like farmers working around hay. Most or all symptoms may go away when no longer exposed to mold. However some health issues can be permanent. If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by mold, you should contact your physician.

Is there a test to show if I have been exposed to mold?

Not really, some doctors will test for mold specific antibodies. However this will only indicate at some point in time you were exposed to mold, not the amount of mold or when or where you was exposed. This will not prove that your health issue were caused by mold.

Are there any tests to see if I am allergic to mold?

Yes, blood and skin tests can show if your allergic to mold. The skin test is more reliable, faster, and less expensive and more sensitive then blood tests. Skin test is mostly used for year round symptoms that may be caused by indoor allergies.

Blood test RAST (radioallergosorbent) detects levels of antibodies to particular allergens. The test is expensive, the results take approximately two weeks.

Should I contact my family doctor if I'm concerned about mold exposure?

Yes, contact your family doctor or any general health care provider. If needed they will refer you to a specialist in your area. A Allergist specialist treats patients with mold allergies. Infectious disease physician will treat mold infection's. Lung infection would use a pulmonary physician. If exposed in at work you may be referred to an occupational physician.

Sources: Washington State Department of Health; California Research Bureau, California State Library; National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention; Illinois Department of Public Health.

Guardian Basement Waterproofing Inc BBB Business Review
  Site Map